My (Alexandra Cook aka Linandara) daily art activity

Sunday, 27 September 2009

Nepal Cinquefoil Flower in Watercolor, Pen & Pencil

A recent artwork:
A bright outdoor painting done in my garden in August. Featuring a single scarlet flower of Potentilla nepalensis, common name: Nepal Cinquefoil. Done on white card with watercolour, gouache, pencils, pen and pigment ink. Unframed (so you can find a frame which will suit your home the best). The size of artwork is approximately 9 x 12 inches (23 x 30 cm).


I love these bright little flowers, they look very natural among grey flat pieces of rock in my organic hilltop garden. They also associate (for me) with the Scarlet Flower from the Russian version of "The Beauty and the Beast".

For sale here.

1 comment:

Your comments and suggestions are welcome!